Sunday 28 February 2010

Ketep Pass, Merbabu, Dieng?

Visiting this place was one of my old willing to do. Once, when I was in junior high school, I and my friends had a plan for camping near the Merbabu Mountain. As you know, my beloved small town is near from this mountain. Yepp, we are living in foot of the mountain of Merbabu. So you can imagine how fresh the air was, huh. I love it so.
Well back to the story, hearing the plan, I was very enthusiastic, and kind an impatiently to join the camping immediately. We were so young that we have to ask the permit from our each parents first of course. Then, what my father’s said at that moment had made me really upset. He did not permit me to join the camping. He said that it would be dangerous for we were still too young, and there’s no adult with us. But I tried to convince him, that some of my friends had had experience before. Well, that’s not help anyway.
Yupz, we were doing this plan without any permission from our teachers. It means, that our school did not get any involve in it. We thought that we could do all by ourselves. We prepare anything, well, some equipment for camping, as usual, the tent, the lamp, ect. Knowing that I would not participate the camping, I told it to my classmates. And guess what, what just happen to me, it did happen to my friend too. But later, some of them did go to join the camping, without any permission from their parents. Uhh, I was so jealous, but I tried to be a goooood …(n_n), so I didn’t participate finally. And when the camping was end, I just heard the story, how the camping was, what they did there, from my friends. It sounded they had much fun at that time. And that’s just make me quiet more jealous of course…I thought that I’ve lost my ..….at that time.
And know, well, it did last year, finally I saw the Merbabu nearly. Hmm, actually it’s different story, not about campin... Me, who live near the mountain but never, saw it closely, kinda bit ironical situation, non? And it did happen on my way to go to Ketep Pass. A place where people can have a great view of the two famous mountain, in Java, the Merbabu mountain and the famous active Vulcan in Indonesia,-maybe in the world- Merapi. But the location of the place was not in my city administration, it belongs to Magelang regency. It can be reached for about one and a half from my hometown, Boyolali. Me and my lil’ brother, rode motorcycle to reach the Ketep Pass. He had already known about the track for a little.
But had arrived at Selo, part of Boyolali’s district-, we still had to ask a woman who marched beside the street where the road to Ketep Pass was, hehheee, because he had lost or maybe he just got forgotten. Well, I was enjoying my trip away to Ketep Pass. It was so magnificent, a natural bless. On my right, the huge mountain of Merbabu, and in my left one was the Merapi. Typical, fresh air, the mountain atmosphere, the vegetables gardens, and the fog, -seems that we were in another world-.
Just because all of that, well, it reminded me, a lil bit, about Dieng. I visited it several years a go. And I called it, “The Town behind the hill” regarding the winding road, and several hills in its side that I passed to get thorugh Dieng Plateau. Sometimes, if the weather is not good, just ride your motorcycle, slowly, beside its slippery,, and of course, its fog which will ‘accompany’ your journey at that time,
Okey back to my ‘little tour’ to Ketep, somehow, I was just stuck at my self staring the beautiful scenery of it…

- Someday…I would like to be more close to…...???
………………….

No comments:

Post a Comment

mau komentar tentang tulisan di atas? atau kritik? silakan, jangan lupa kasih saran juga ya.. terima kasih